Screen Print India (SPI), a dedicated fair to showcase technologies and components related to the screen printing sector opens its gates today at Bombay Exhibition Centre in Mumbai. Looking at the diverse nature of the industry, this exclusive B2B fair is a befitting opportunity for business professionals to share their perspectives and build new contacts.
The three-day show is hosting 94 exhibitors with technologies from 14 countries like India, Belgium, China, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, Thailand, Turkey, Taiwan, the USA, and the UK. The show also had a power packed inauguration with strong support from Asia Screen Printing & Graphic Imaging Association (ASGA) and sector leaders attending the ceremony.
Eminent members from the industry and associations present at the inauguration were:
- Ms Shen Chun Yan, President of Asia Screen Printing & Graphic Imaging Association (ASGA) & Chairwoman of China Screen Printing & Graphic Imaging Association (CSGIA) - China
- Mr Yuichi Nishida, Vice President of Japanese Screen and Digital Printers Association ( JSDPA) - Japan
- Mr Targian Tan, Chairman of Indonesia Specialty and Graphic Imaging Association (ISGIA) - Indonesia
- Ms Bach Thi, President, Vietnam Screen Printing & Graphic Imaging Association (VSGIA) – Vietnam
- Mr Ranjith Fernando, President, Sri Lanka Association of Printers (SLAP) - Sri Lanka
- Mr Anil R. Brahmbhatt, President, Screenprinting & Graphics Association of India (SGAI)
- Mr Johnny Shell, Vice President, Technical Services, SGIA, USA
- Mr Mongol Pianapitham, Committee Member, Head ASGA Project, TSGA – Thailand
- Mr Devang Sheth, Managing Director, Aditya Exposition
- Mr Stephan Buurma, Member of the Extended Board of Management of Messe Frankfurt GmbH
- Mr Raj Manek, Executive Director and Board Member, Messe Frankfurt Asia Holdings Ltd
Talking about the growth prospects and challenges of screen printing in India, Mr Devang Sheth, Director, Aditya Exposition mentioned: “India is one of the rare markets where screen printing technology covers application areas like industrial, commercial, graphics, and textile or garment screen printing. Industrial screen printing is growing at a rapid pace due to emerging sectors like solar panels, medical devices, automobile, white goods, etc. and owing to growing demand for personalisation, digital printing technology has occupied its importance in the market. Screen Print India 2018 is a platform for multi print technologies that will benefit the open minded printers who want to diversify and seize opportunities in the Indian printing market.”
Resonating to the sentiment was Mr Anil R. Brahmbhatt, Screenprinting & Graphics Association of India (SGAI), “USA and European markets are moving towards digital printing whereas India is still more inclined towards screen printing. When you compare both segments, screen printing offers better quality, which indicates the quality consciousness of the Indian market. Major demand is expected to come from garment and automobile sectors in India. Being a focused trade platform, we always acquire good international leads apart from customers across India at Screen Print India.”
Ms Shen Chun Yan, President of Asia Screen Printing & Graphic Imaging Association (ASGA) & Chairwoman of China Screen Printing & Graphic Imaging Association (CSGIA) – China, mentioned about the opportunities in the Indian screen printing market. She said, “The Indian screen printing market is growing at a fast speed and is already larger than China. Looking at the scope, many manufacturers and suppliers from the Chinese market are looking forward to find new distributors in India.”
Screen printing technologies are used to get sophisticated and accurate imaging. The benefit of screen printing is that it is flexible and multi-purpose and can be used on different kinds of surfaces. Looking at the major opportunities this industry has to offer, many Indian and international companies are providing the markets with innovations related to screen printing. Being an exclusive fair for this industry, Screen Print India 2018 is a one stop platform to source and gain knowledge about the present and future technologies.
Some of the advanced technologies present at 2018 edition are:
- Skyscreen Pvt Ltd (from Korea) is launching, for first the time in India, the Ecofreen DTG digital printing machine along with an automatic pre-treatment machine. And to meet the growing demand for garment decoration, Skyscreen is also launching the WTS Automatic Sequin Motif Machine and WTS Stone Motif machine
- India’s first online distributor for fabrics and garments that will enhance businesses for the entire garments value chain by Fabrikaa.com
- Screen printing inks, adhesive tapes and screen meshes, under cost-effective budget with excellent colour pay off, optimum consistency, accurate composition by ShriRam Enterprises
- Launch of direct to garments heat transfer films in pu and pvc for t-shirt decoration with solutions for multi-colour printing on dark garments by Prime Overseas
- Hand and machine printing emulsion, imitated reactive dye binder, fire proof paste, denim discharge paste, and more by Hai Ao Textile Printing Material
- Made in India for the first time, a four-plate heat transfer machine along with silicon ink prints, label transfer machine, heat transfer vinyl, sublimation printers and more by Pranit Color Concept
- Launch of narrow web flexo machine, roll to roll screen printing machine, flat bed die cutting for labels and Da Shen Ci letter press and intermitten letter press for lamitubes and labels printing machine by SG Edge.
- Grafica Flextronica is launching their automatic direct to garment screen printing machine along other flatbed screen printing machines and allied products.
Moreover, Screen Print India will have a series of insightful seminars on all three days that will bring the spotlight on topics like screen making, platisol/water-based ink curing parameters for garment printing, squeegee selection and maintenance, digital printing technology and understanding mesh and its properties.
The second day of the show will host the Screen Print India Awards for excellence in screen printing and some other categories within printing technology that has upheld a strong tradition of honouring the best talents and processes in the industry. Judged by an eminent panel from the industry, the winners will gain recognition amongst the members of the industry building a base for his future projects. There’s also a special display space allotted to showcase some of the award winning pieces of screen printing excellence called, the “SPI Gallery”.
With a string of insightful seminars, a gala night and exhibitors showcasing technical advancements that will cover all aspects of this progressive industry, Screen Print India 2018 is a must attend for all the focused business visitors to build new contacts and source the best quality technology. The show is open till 22nd April 2018.
For more information about the event, please visit
Background information on Messe Frankfurt
Messe Frankfurt is the world’s largest trade fair, congress and event organiser with its own exhibition grounds. With more than 2,500* employees at some 30 locations, the company generates annual sales of around €661* million. Thanks to its far-reaching ties with the relevant sectors and to its international sales network, the Group looks after the business interests of its customers effectively. A comprehensive range of services – both onsite and online – ensures that customers worldwide enjoy consistently high quality and flexibility when planning, organising and running their events. The wide range of services includes renting exhibition grounds, trade fair construction and marketing, personnel and food services. With its headquarters in Frankfurt am Main, the company is owned by the City of Frankfurt (60 percent) and the State of Hesse (40 percent). * preliminary numbers 2017
For more information, please visit our website at: